• Image 1 Description here
  • Image 2 Description here
  • Image 3 Description here
  • Image 4 Description here
  • Image 1 title here

    Image 1 Description here


Tuesday, May 22, 2012

3-year-old 3GS primed for revival

Apple’s iPhone 3GS was unveiled nearly 3 years ago in June 2009, and some found its familiar styling and modest hardware upgrades to be disappointing. The handset went on to be Apple’s best-selling smartphone until its successor launched the following year, and the iPhone 4 would be Apple’s best-selling iPhone until the iPhone 4S launched...
Alternative text

Leaked part points to taller Retina display on next iPhone

Following a report that Apple is currently testing multiple next-generation iPhone prototypes with a taller Retina display, images of a purported front panel from an unreleased iOS device may provide further evidence that Apple is working on a new iPhone with a larger display. MacRumors on Tuesday published two images of what its unnamed...
Alternative text

Verizon says global capabilities coming to select Android handsets this summer

Verizon Wireless on Monday confirmed that the DROID RAZR, RAZR MAXX, HTC Rezound, and DROID 4 will receive global roaming capabilities later this summer, enabling the handsets to access voice and data services in more than 200 countries, Droid-Life reported. “Customers will see a notification on their device when the software update is...
Alternative text

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Google says it has China's approval for Motorola deal

(Reuters) - Google said on Saturday that Chinese authorities have approved its $12.5 billion purchase of Motorola Mobility Holdings, the last regulatory hurdle to a deal that would allow the world's No. 1 Internet search engine to develop its own line of smart phones. Google, which will be the newest entrant to the handset market, announced plans for the acquisition last year in a bid to secure Motorola's valuable patents and...
Alternative text

App scans faces of bar-goers to guess age, gender

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A watchful eye has arrived on San Francisco's bar scene, but not to keep you in check. It just wants to check you out. A new app launched this weekend that will scan the faces of patrons in 25 bars across the city to determine their ages and genders. Would-be customers can then check their smartphones for real-time updates on the crowd size, average age and men-to-women mix to decide whether the scene is to...
Alternative text

Google gets China OK for Motorola deal

NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities in China have approved Google Inc.'s bid to buy phone maker Motorola Mobility, clearing the way for the $12.5 billion deal to close early next week. But Chinese regulators attached a big condition: That Google's Android operating system for mobile devices remain available to all at no cost for the next five years. The approval brings the Internet search giant closer to sealing its biggest acquisition...
Alternative text

Google says it won China's approval for Motorola deal

(Reuters) - Google said on Saturday that Chinese authorities have approved its $12.5 billion purchase of Motorola Mobility Holdings, the last regulatory hurdle to a deal that would allow the world's No. 1 Internet search engine to develop its own line of smart phones. Google, which will be the newest entrant to the handset market, announced plans for the acquisition last year in a bid to secure Motorola's valuable patents and...
Alternative text